“Halifax Lancers’ Equine-Supported Wellness offering has been a powerful program. The horses have allowed people to learn important life lessons and skills. It has been wonderful to witness how meaningful the program has been in the lives of those who have gone through it.” — Shannon Johnson, PhD, Registered Psychologist, Associate Professor, Director of Clinical Training, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Dalhousie University and Participant, Building Internal Resilience Through Horses EAL Facilitator Certificate Training (2021)
Expressions of interest are currently being invited for mental health and equine professionals interested in bringing Building Internal Resilience Through Horses (BIRTH) to a community near you. This is a turn-key, trauma-informed, evidence-based equine-assisted learning program intended to increase participants’ awareness of the personal impact of stress and trauma, while building personal resilience.
This 5-day in-person certificate offering is intended to equip you with practical tools and support so you’ll have the necessary skills and knowledge to offer Building Internal Resilience Through Horses in your community.
Offering is limited to up to 8 participants – this is a small group, high-quality, experiential professional development opportunity. The Mane Intent is located east of Peterborough, approximately 90 minutes north-east of Toronto, Ontario.
After this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe how trauma and stress influences our nervous system, impacting our thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Explain the benefits of working with horses in a therapeutic way to invite greater self-awareness and overall wellness
- Explain the Multi-factor/Multi-Level Model of Resilience
- Utilize at least 8 equine-assisted strengths-based learning interventions designed to foster a greater sense of mastery, improve a personal sense of relatedness, and enhance emotional regulation
- Utilize at least 5 expressive arts interventions to invite greater self-awareness and creative expression
- Use at least 5 interventions to invite mindfulness and enhanced personal presence, while helping to decrease hypervigilance and anxiety
- Design and delivery a group workshop using a trauma- and violence-informed practice
Our fall session is being hosted from Wednesday, September 14 – Sunday, September 18, 2022 (5 days) from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. For more information or to complete your expression of interest, go to https://themaneintent.ca/eal/
About the Author
Jennifer Garland is the founder of The Mane Intent Inc. offering individual and group equine-assisted psychotherapy, psychotherapy, and equine-assisted learning programs including Health and Wellness Workshops, Individual and Team Effectiveness Coaching and Leadership Development. Jennifer provides coaching, counsel and support to individuals and groups from all walks of life to create opportunities to build productive relationships, facilitate learning and to embrace change. Learn more about Jennifer’s professional experience, lectures, awards and publications here.
For more information or to book a private virtual session with Jennifer, please call 705-295-6618 or email email@example.com