Knowledge Dissemination and Exchange Activities
The project included a number of knowledge dissemination and exchange activities including:
- Inviting Resilience Conference, hosted at Trent University on May 21-22, 2019. This 2 day event, filled with high profile keynotes, academic sessions, experiential workshops, and networking, was aimed at building community capacity around the newest evidence-based practices, community-driven initiatives and trauma-informed, strength-based programming for over 200 delegates
- Somatic Experiencing® workshop hosted April 4-5, 2020 for therapists, counselors and social workers, providing over 15 hours of theory, discussion and hands-on training for 80 attendees, focused on the understanding of trauma and its physiological impacts on the body from a polyvagal theory.
- Professional Training on trauma- and violence-informed care and resiliency to a variety of social service agencies in the community.
- Knowledge Hub membership, a national community of practice engaged in knowledge exchange and mobilization, hosted by Western University Centre for Research and Education on Violence Against Women and Children.
- Conference Presentations by project team members to large audiences of researchers, professionals and practitioners at national and international conferences, including HETI International Congress of Equine Facilitated Programmes (Dublin, Ireland, 2018).
- Educational Materials, including the Building Internal Resilience Through Horses Program Manual, a comprehensive 140-page reference manual documenting the principles, research and curriculum for the program.