Do you struggle with staying present? Are you ruled by runaway thoughts? Does your anxiety keep you up at night? Is COVID burnout keeping you on an emotional roller coaster?
We are offering three new wellness experiences this fall inviting you to deepen your connection to self and nature through mindful movement, presence and our senses. Here are the dates and details – more information is available on our calendar here or register here.
The benefits of meditation and mindful practice include:
- Reduced stress and greater self-regulation
- Enhanced sleep
- Enhanced compassion for self and others
- Healthier relationships and healthy boundaries
- Enhanced sense of personal mastery
All workshops invite you to discover the joy of meeting a gentle heard of horses and donkeys and set the stage for your transformational journey of healing, personal growth and renewal. Gain practical skills to enhance your own resilience as you learn how our nervous system responds to the world around us. All adults 18 years plus are welcomed. No previous experience with mindfulness, meditation or horses is required.
Introduction to Mindful Meditation with Sally Staples Sunday, September 11, 2022, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.:
- Explore the pathway to present moment awareness through four different time honoured meditation traditions. We will begin by relaxing to the enchanting sounds of the crystal singing bowls as they work their magic. Next we will communicate with nature through a guided walking meditation followed by an intention setting mantra meditation. We will conclude by connecting with our sense of inner knowing and reflecting while walking the beautiful stone labyrinth covered in thyme that is a key feature of the farm. Register here.
Forest Bathing with Sally Staples Sunday, September 18, 2022, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.:
- Learn more about the healing potential of ‘forest therapy’ as you participate in a series of guided immersive experiences within our mixed forest of century-old pine, black walnut and maples trees boasting fall colours. You will engage in guided invitations specifically designed to bring us into the present moment — the place where we can access the endless resource of innate strength and wisdom we all have but often get disconnected from in the business of modern life. The practice is relaxing and restorative, and as we open the doors of communication with nature and around us, our creativity awakens, intuition sharpens and insights arise. Register here.
Qigong with Thu Nguyen and the Herd, Sunday, October 2, 2022, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.:
- Unify your body, mind, emotions and spirit with Qigong as Thu Nguyen invites us to participate in a series of slow, graceful, no-impact, non-contortion movements, coordinated with deep, relaxed breathing, suitable for people of all ages and physical abilities. This experience will be presented in the pasture with horses at liberty. It’s been scientifically proven that nature can enhance our mood and reduce stress. We feel better, renewed and more resilient when we step into the embrace of Mother Nature. Come explore the breathtaking beauty of this century farm with pasture fields, a woodland trail, a walled garden, stone labyrinth and the sensory gifts that nature presents each moment. Register here.