Grief is a natural response to loss that affects people of all ages and stages of life. It’s a natural response when someone or something you love is taken away from you. The more significant the loss, the more intense our grief will be. The grieving journey affects everyone differently. Horses can meet you right where you need them and at a pace most comfortable to you, allowing you to move forward in a way that’s best for you. They provide a safe and neutral place to process your grief.
Equine Relief for Grief is designed for anyone who is experiencing loss, including:
- Death of a loved one
- Serious illness and loss of health and independence
- Loss of a job
- Significant life transitions such as divorce or relationship break up, moving to a new community, or experiencing “a newly empty nest” No previous horse experience is required as all sessions are on the ground, working in partnership with horses. We offer individual, one-on-one sessions with the horses where confidentiality and privacy is assured. Call us for details at 705-295-6618.
Working with the herd at The Mane Intent, you will:
- Benefit from a gentle, non-verbal opportunity for self-reflection and introspection as you experience the quiet comfort of a horse
- Experience the relief and release possible with emotional expression shared in the company of an equine partner, where no judgement is involved
- Experience a natural bond with our equine partners, giving you an opportunity to reconnect with those parts of ourselves that shut down after loss
- Rediscover life after loss, renewing self-confidence and resiliency, while learning to manage change and relationships as you adjust to unexpected life changes
Equine Relief for Grief is offered on an as required basis for small groups – maximum four participants. If you are interested in participating in an upcoming offering, please contact Jennifer Garland at email@example.com or call 704-295-6618.