Jennifer Garland, President, The Cactus Group
Complementing her passion for equine assisted learning, Jennifer Garland is a professionally accredited business communicator (IABC), strategic writer, facilitator and coach with over 25 years of experience working with senior executives and leaders from all levels in a variety of sectors. She established The Cactus Group in 1997 to gain more flexibility as she and her husband raised their two daughters, while pursuing her professional interests in coaching others to define, create and deliver their story authentically and with credibility, connecting people to possibility.
Jennifer specializes in the development of strategic relationship building approaches by drawing upon her unique combination of change management, organizational and marketing communications and community investment experience. She is a leader and an active participant in the development and delivery of strategic plans and communications strategies designed to build productive relationships, foster organizational support, facilitate learning and drive change.
To complement a degree in Business Administration/Political Science from Trent University and a diploma in Public Relations from Durham College, Jennifer has also completed the Rotman School of Management Advanced Program in Managing Strategic Change and Trent University’s Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Mediation.
Awards and Recognition:
Jennifer’s written work and community investment projects have also received both national and international recognition through the International Association of Business Communicators and other national organizations:
- IABC International Gold Quill Awards (2) (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- Playback Strategy National Cause-related Marketing Award (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- IABC Toronto Award of Excellence (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- The Institute for the Prevention of Child Abuse Distinguished Service Award (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- National Fire Protection Association’s Partners in Public Education Award (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- The Hamilton-Wentworth Police Services Board Award of Merit (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- Discount Store News Award of Merit (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- Ontario Fire Marshal’s Public Fire Safety Award (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- International Society of Fire Protection Engineers Person of the Year (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- Ontario Safety League Community Relations Award (Canadian Tire Corporation)
- Presidential Achievement Award (Hill and Knowlton International)