The powerful mind-body connection for personal wellness is becoming increasingly accepted in the medical community. Emotional, mental, social, spiritual and behavioural factors can directly affect our health. Your body responds to the way you think, feel and act. Here’s an opportunity to take time out from the busyness of modern life to nourish body and soul, while connecting with horses in nature.
Two-Day Workshop: Illuminating Our Path to Wellness: Exploring our Mind/Body Connection
You are invited to join us in a creative journey to explore our own mind/body connection through body-based meditation and visualization, journaling, drumming, labyrinth walking and working with horses as natural coaches.
Participants will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about and practice mindfulness and stress management techniques
- Understand how life events impact our emotional health and receive tools to help you understand and effectively work with your emotions.
- Build personal resilience and learn healthy ways to cope with stress and problems that are a normal part of life.
- Work with a horse partner to gain greater self-awareness and address obstacles that might be getting in the way of a healthier lifestyle.
- Discover new insights, uncover old wisdom, and gain new knowledge by completing a meditative walk through our natural stone labyrinth
- Develop a personal self-care plan to support your wellness after the workshop.
Who should attend?
- Women of all ages and backgrounds are welcome to participate.
Date: Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Renegade Ridge Farm, 2410 Cameron Line, Indian River, ON
- $300/ person plus HST – a $150 non-refundable deposit will reserve your space.
- Sign up 5 additional people and receive your spot for free.
- Gathering is exclusively offered to 8 participants. Your investment includes snacks, all horse activities, and art supplies. Participants to bring their own lunch.
- Cancellation policy: Due to limited spaces available for this unique experience, the $150 deposit is non-refundable. Also, a cancellation made 21 days before or less from the dates of this workshop is non-refundable. If you have paid in full, for any cancellation made more than 21 days before the workshop, 50% of the investment will be refunded. If you need to cancel for any reason, every effort will be made to apply any non-refunded amount to a future experience with the horses.
To Register: Contact Jennifer Garland at 705-295-6618 or email@example.com
About Your Facilitators:
- Jennifer Garland is a Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Artist, Entrepreneur, Community Leader, Corporate Consultant and Team Facilitator. She values the gift of life and all that it offers. Jennifer believes in making the most of the talents, skills, and experiences that define who she is and inspiring others to be their best. She has her certification in Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning. As Owner/Program Director for The Mane Intent, Jennifer is connecting people to possibility using horse power. Her goal is to bring horses and humans together to explore new possibilities and experiences that get them out of their comfort zone and give clarity of voice to their leader within. Learn more about Jennifer here.
- Janet Crocker is a registered psychotherapist whose private therapy practice is based in Belleville, Ontario. Janet’s approach is based on Gestalt, which emphasizes awareness of who we are, what we experience and how we respond to the world in any given moment. Deeping the connection with self, clarifying how we truly feel and what we need/want, understanding our reactions and what has shaped them — all lead to greater self-acceptance and create possibilities for change. Janet graduated from the Gestalt Institute of Toronto as a therapist in 1993. She has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Ryerson University, complemented by studies in psychology at the University of Toronto and adult learning at OISE. Janet also brings to her work extensive exploration and training in expressive arts techniques. Over the past two decades, Janet has combined psychotherapy, corporate consulting and teaching into a successful career focused on personal and organizational transformation. She is a member of the Canadian Association for Psychodynamic Therapy (CAPT).
About the Herd:
Our herd includes a mixture of mares and geldings that arrive at the farm with a variety of life experiences — much like many of our clients. This is a gentle, relaxed herd. Each horse brings a unique personality and their own story to this work as they engage on the ground in partnership with our clients. If you are seeking a safe place to explore what’s possible while being mindful of your heart’s desire — then our herd is here to welcome and walk together with you.
As part of this workshop, clients in partnership with horses will engage in facilitator-led activities. Our horses offer sensitivity, perceptiveness and intuition without judgement in a safe environment. This experience prompts lasting change, improved mental wellness and enhanced personal effectiveness. All exercises with the herd are on the ground and guided by a professional certified coach and facilitator. No previous horse experience is required.