Do you need a time-out from the frantic pace of modern life?
You’re invited to participate in a one-day event for women focusing on self-care and overall wellness. Embark on your own unique journey of self-discovery and transformation in the peaceful presence of our horse guides. Engage in on-the-ground horse-based activities (no previous horse experience is required) for a renewed heart, body, mind and spirit.
Your experience will include:
- Horses: Ground-based activities with a horse guide and supported by a professional facilitator exploring themes such as emotional and body awareness, the power of personal presence, breathe and healthy breathing, connection, intuition and self-care
- Personal Reflection: Take a reflective stroll through our outdoor stone labyrinth, go on a mindfulness walk through our woodland trail or sit and listen to nature while you jot down your thoughts in the personal journal provided. Take this time to explore your personal awareness — what bubbles up for you when you pay attention on purpose, in the present moment, without judgement
- Mindfulness: A chance to find a grounded sense of self in the breathtaking scenic beauty of this historic farm while you build coping skills for this modern world and a willingness to come back to the present, the here and now, even while challenged by the turmoil of modern life
- Healthy Heart: Gift yourself with the inner peace, sense of calm, happiness and a healthy heart
Who Should Attend?
- Women of all ages and backgrounds seeking a day of self-care and self-discovery are welcome to participate.
- $250 per person plus HST for a full day experience (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) — $50 non-refundable deposit will hold your space
- Sign up 5 additional people and receive your spot for free
- Gathering is exclusively offered to 8 participants. Your investment includes nutritious lunch, snacks, and all horse activities.
- Cancellation policy: Due to limited spaces available for this unique experience, the $50 deposit is non-refundable. Also, if a cancellation is made 21 days before or less from the dates of this workshop, it is non-refundable. If you have paid in full, for any cancellation made more than 21 days before the workshop, 50% of the investment will be refunded. If you need to cancel for any reason, every effort will be made to apply any non-refunded amount to a future experience at The Mane Intent.
About Our Team Lead:
Jennifer Garland is the Owner/Program Director for The Mane Intent. Jennifer’s intent is to bring horses and humans together to find greater meaning in every day life by affirming our inner leadership qualities to explore new possibilities and invite transformation both in ourselves and our communities. She has over 25 years of leadership experience in communications, cause-related marketing and change management. As a strategist, facilitator and effectiveness coach, Jennifer has provided counsel and support to senior leaders from all walks of life to build productive relationships, facilitate learning and to embrace change. Early in her career, she served as the Public Relations Director for Canadian Tire Corporation, launching and growing the company’s Child Protection Foundation. In this role, she was recognized for being only the second woman and only the second Canadian, to win the International Fire Protection Person of the Year Award. She was presented the award by the U.S.-based Society of Fire Protection Engineers for her work in forging a partnership with the U.S.-based National Fire Protection Association to bring the Learning Not to Burn Curriculum Program to schools across Canada. She is a proud mother of two young women who are also changing the world in their own unique way.